These online sessions are delivered as below:
- For 6 to 9yo, from 10:00am to 10:45am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- For 10 to 12yo, from 11:00am to 11:45am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
Open to all levels, we built specific at home sessions to make sure everyone keeps their physical and mental health sharp wherever they are. Our objective? To keep strengthening and refining your skills and technique when you are not able to physically attend our coaching sessions.
What makes our sessions stand out is:
– The combination of its intellectual and physical challenges.
– The sessions are all-inclusive and professionally coached from start to finish.
– There is a personable and fun atmosphere because both the children and parents can get involved.
Before the session starts, please have the following activity items ready:
– A ball (can be a football, rugby ball, tennis ball, or even a toilet roll)
– 6 objects (can be books, plastic bottles, plastic cups/mugs, toilet rolls, pieces of paper…)
– The daily Alphabet printed and a pen or pencil
The sessions can be done inside (with a little bit of space) or outside
What will happen during the session?
The session will be done as follow:
– A warm-up (3/5 minutes)
– A game (25/30 minutes)
– A cool-down (3/5 minutes)
A game? What is the game about?
The game is really simple. All you will have to do is to follow the coach’s instructions and do the exercises when he asks you to do it. Some exercises will be easier than others, that’s why the coach will advise to help you throughout the session. During the session, the coach will be following a specific program. The coach will be selecting letters, that will at the end, form a word. The word will be the answer to a question he will ask at the end of the session.
What do I have to do once I know the answer?
If you know the answer, well done, but it’s not finished yet. Once you have it, you will have to give it to the coach. He will then ask you to do the circuit according to the letters (the exercises you have done just before with him).
If you can do it without any mistake, you are a star!
What happens next?
Once the game is finished and all kids are winners, it’s time for the cool down, supervised by our coach.
A new question and a new answer will be discovered for each session, which means that the circuit will never be the same!
SBR parent’s guide to remote using Zoom
How do I access Serge Betsen’s online coaching sessions?
Prior to the session:
- Download the Zoom app.
- Make a free Zoom account through the app or the website https://zoom.us/
- Make sure you have read the email with the instructions from coach Cyril.
- Have a water bottle and a can-do attitude!
When joining the session:
- Join 5 minutes before the start of the class, if you join after the class has begun you will not be admitted to that session.
- Join the session by inputting the ID code from the timetable into zoom.
- You will be put in a virtual ‘waiting room’, until the instructor is ready to begin the class.
- Turn on your device video so the coach can see you.
- Turn on ‘join with audio’ so you can hear the instructor.
- Mute yourself so there are not any background noises that will disrupt the coaching session.
In addition to the above parents/carers should:
- Ensure their device/laptop is plugged in, so a power supply is not cut mid-way through a recording.
- Ensure the camera is positioned in a helpful way for the lesson e.g. not too near/far, ensuring any instruction can be seen clearly.
- The device should be securely mounted on a stand or flat surface (not hand-held) before the video-lesson is due to start.
- Check the sound quality is clear, with no interfering background noises.
Terms and conditions apply. Click here to find out more.
Depending on the number of children participating, SBR reserves the right to cancel the dates of the sessions.